Using essential oils to a turn for me when I went from buying ready-made blends or following the 90's trend of everything ylang-ylang or frankincense (anyone else remembers those days) and finally looking into what oils would 'help me feel more relaxed, or energised'.
I also found as I listened to my body it actually craved certain smells and tastes. In the darkest of days during my PND I honestly craved the smell of oranges! Turns out citrus is a great mood lifter.
Using the right oils is only part of working through PND, depression and anxiety but it's a great natural method that you can easily incorporate into your day.
Geranium is a fabulous oil and it smells so sweet and floral. Here are some of the amazing things it can help support.
- Reduce stress and tension
- Help with anxiety, depression and fatigue
- Help you relax it actually acts like a very gentle sedative and can help you drift off or back to sleep
- It has anti-inflammatory properties
- It's often used to help soothe symptoms of menopause and the highs and lows of monthly hormones and PMT.
When I'm feeling restless or hormonal I literally pillow mist EVERYTHING (including husband and children lol) to help me ease off to sleep.