3 VITAMINS TO HELP YOU SLEEP
Did you know these three vitamins could help you to get a little shut-eye?
The ‘sunshine vitamin’ is thought to influence both sleep quality and quantity. Getting outside is one of the best ways but you can also get VitD supplements.
Known for its ability to relieve insomnia, magnesium helps you release tension and relax, preparing you for sleep.
You can find magnesium in rubs and muscle sprays for fatigued muscles but you can also eat magnesium-rich foods.
- Dark chocolate
- Leafy Greens to name a few.
A hormone naturally produced in the body, melatonin helps determine sleep and wake cycles. Light affects its production, with levels normally rising in the evening, remaining high during the night, and dropping in the early morning.
- Ways to increase Melatonin:
- Increase natural sunlight exposure
- Go to bed at a reasonable time
- No artificial lights at night
- Eat more melatonin-rich foods like almonds, oats, turkey and chicken
- Invest in a weighted blanket
- Keep your bedroom dark
- Cut down on your caffeine intake
Have you ever thought about adding vitamins into your day to help you sleep?
Leave a comment
Please note, comments must be approved before they are published